This week we’re welcoming a new addition to our event staff, Kenneth! Kenneth will be working in and around the CBU office and out at our events. He knows a ton of information about sports and memorabilia in general—so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to stop him and ask!
Our entire CBU staff was challenged by our President, Kyle Bell to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and we accepted! We feel honored to be a part of this challenge and to be able to raise money to help ALS research. Kyle himself had executed AND donated to the cause TWO TIMES and now his company followed suit! Donating after our mid-afternoon ice baths, that makes a total of THREE donations! We had to keep the momentum going so we decided to nominate our good friends over at Steve LeVine Entertainment, GiveSmart AZ, and Luis Gonzalez of the Arizona Diamondbacks! They now have 24 hours to accept our challenge! Click here to watch our challenge!
Facts you should know:
* ALS is not contagious.
* It is estimated that ALS is responsible for nearly two deaths per hundred thousand population annually.
* Approximately 5,600 people in the U.S. are diagnosed with ALS each year. The incidence of ALS is two per 100,000 people, and it is estimated that as many as 30,000 Americans may have the disease at any given time.
* Although the life expectancy of an ALS patient averages about two to five years from the time of diagnosis, this disease is variable and many people live with quality for five years and more. More than half of all patients live more than three years after diagnosis.
* About twenty percent of people with ALS live five years or more and up to ten percent will survive more than ten years and five percent will live 20 years. There are people in whom ALS has stopped progressing and a small number of people in whom the symptoms of ALS reversed.
* ALS occurs throughout the world with no racial, ethnic or socioeconomic boundaries.
* ALS can strike anyone.
If you’d like more information or want to donate to the cause yourself, click here!
In our continuing efforts to consistently help our clients exceed their fundraising goals and raise money for charities, we decided to take a page out of our own playbook. From now on, any in-office sales will automatically include a 10% donation to a designated charity each and every month!
So this month, retroactively, we will be donating all of these proceeds to Boys and Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix. We chose the Boys and Girls Club offices in Metro Phoenix due to the severe damage caused by the storm on August 12th. Come and see our unique memorabilia pieces and support this great cause.
In honor of Dairy Queen’s “Miracle Treat Day” donating $1 or more from every blizzard to our local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, our CBU family decided to sneak in a little sweet treat to help beat the heat and wind down the week! Delicious ice cream for a great cause, what could be better?! Blizzards all around!
Visit your local DQ TODAY to donate!! Learn more about Children’s Miracle Network here: https://giveamiracle.childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/
Community outreach is one of the most successful marketing tools any business can employ to help bring in customers. Auctions in Action is a program designed to help businesses reach out to their community while keeping in mind that managers and owners alike don’t have the time to handle the extra workload. Our goal is to help foster long-term partnerships between local businesses and their fellow local charities. Through this program and your help, we are already on our way to raising hundreds of thousands of dollars!
● Auctions in Action are being conducted in restaurants, health clubs, bars, hotels, and home centers; however, the options for successful venues are endless.
● A week-long silent auction can be set up in any high-traffic business with a minimal amount of space. There’s no need for you to sacrifice tables in your restaurant, or shelving for your merchandise. We’ll help you squeeze it in on tables we can provide.
● Our staff will handle everything from the initial setup to the final pickup. That includes maintaining the auction, contacting winning bidders, collecting funds, and coordinating shipment or pick up of auction items.
● Charity Benefits Unlimited will also promote your auction and the positive difference your business is making for the community via social media and the internet.
● We always want you to feel comfortable during the complete duration of your auction. There will always be NO liability to the hosting business if anything happens to any of the auction items.
If you would like more information on our Auctions in Action program by CBU or would like to schedule an appointment to visit our showroom, please contact us at:
Today we presented one of our Auction in Action partners, Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale, with a check for $2605.49 for Autism Speaks.
Over the course of the past year, Embassy Suites Phoenix-Scottsdale has helped generate over $12,000 in charity funds for various charities. We cannot thank our partners enough that remain diligent and dedicated to supporting their community in any way they can.
At Autism Speaks, their goal is to change the future for all who struggle with autism spectrum disorders. They are dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a possible cure for autism. They strive to raise public awareness about autism and its effects on individuals, families, and society: and work to bring hope to all who deal with the hardships of this disorder. They are committed to raising the funds necessary to support these goals.
We wouldn’t be able to do any of this without our Auction in Action partners! If you have interest in becoming an Auctions in Action partner at no cost to you or your business, please give us a call at (480) 483-0525 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s another prime example of why we’re family at CBU. Today, when Mindee’s tire went flat, it took nearly the whole family to go out to the parking lot and put the spare tire on. Our office is our home and our family too—and you know what they say: Charity begins at home!
One of the most important attributes a company and its workers can have is their ability to have fun together. This morning we were able to make the day a little brighter by the help of a single box; and with our boss out of town we HAD to sneak in a little silliness. And of course, having a coworker that is 4’10’’ makes trying on a basketball player’s shoes, worn football jerseys, and any box bigger than a shoebox very entertaining! Today’s shenanigans resulted in this.
Congratulations to our new website contest winner, Joan Kaminski with Camp Soaring Eagle! Thank you to everyone to participated. We really appreciate your help to spread the word about the great things were doing to help the community raise more money for their organizations.
Camp Soaring Eagle’s mission is to provide the healing power of laughter to thousands of seriously ill children by giving them the opportunity to go to a medically supervised camp at no cost to the campers and families. To find out more information about how you can help, please visit them here.
Due to college rules and regulations, it’s always been difficult for us to offer a vast product line of college memorabilia (Johnny Manziel…cough, cough); however, we’re super excited to announce our new limited edition Collegiate Collection! These displays feature the best moments in your alma mater’s athletic history. Call us today to see what schools we have in stock for your next silent auction! (480) 483-0525.